Calex WDE-series DC-DC with digital interface
|Calex announces the WDE-series 75 W, 1/8 Brick DC-DC Converter. The WDE-series features an ultra-wide 4:1 input range of 9 - 36 or 18 - 75 VDC. With the initial release of the Series, the output voltages available are 24, 28 and 48 VDC. The outputs in the range of 3.3 - 15 VDC models will be released later this year. All models are fully isolated input to output and housed in an encapsulated, five sided shielded enclosure. The unit is an industry-standard 1/8 Brick with case dimensions of 2.5" x 1.1" x 0.55".
The WDE-series offers remote sense, trim and analog ON/OFF. No minimum load is required. Efficiency is 90% typical. Line and load regulation is 0.2% typical. Output voltage setpoint accuracy is 0.2%. Output noise is typically 1% of Vout, with a switching frequency of 275 kHz. All models are available with RoHS or non-RoHS construction.
In line with today's sophisticated power requirements, the WDE-series offers digital capability to allow the designer to optimize system performance, track and log converter performance and enhance overall system performance and functionality with digital power management capability. Communication and control of the Converter is achieved via a PMBus serial interface.
Demo boards for each model is available on request. The WDE digital features include a variety of functions which can be managed through a user friendly GUI interface, including:
- Precision adjustable over-temperature protection
- Configurable input under- and over-voltage protection
- Configurable current-limit inception and shut-down delay
- Logging of historical fault events in non-volatile memory
- Precision (+/-0.2 %) output voltage accuracy and trim
- Configurable output overvoltage protection
- Monitoring of Vin, Vout, Iin and temperature
- Digital dynamic adjustment of Vout
- Digital warning thesholds for faults, to avert shutdown
The available DC-DC Converter models in the WDE-series and demo boards are available from stock to 8 weeks. All models are manufactured in the USA and backed by Calex's Five Year Warranty.
Please contact us for more information on this product. More About Calex
Show All New Products